Friday, February 1, 2008

A couple of my short films

Please check out my youtube site at www.youtube.com/Kubrickjunkie, there you can see some of my videos. Soon I'll be doing some video blogs as well. Unfortunately, the quality on these aren't that great because of youtube's bitrate and framerate...so the audio and video isn't the best. I've made these films with some of my friends in which I took on several roles such as directing, acting, cinematographer, assistant editor, ect. We created our own production company last year in January '07 called Creative Spectrum Productions. For these shorts your about to see, I give all the writing credit to my friend Jeremy.

"Monologues" is an epic dramedy about two people giving monologues....okay, it's crazy but I hope you enjoy it anyways! I usually direct but this time I let Jeremy sit in the director's chair while I took on the main role as the interviewee. So please, please comment this piece of...work. In all seriousness, this was a difficult film to make because it is intended to be shot with only one camera angle, which means it has to be done in one take or we had to start over. Throw in some difficult dialogue and you've got a great experiment in filmmaking. Enjoy!

This next short "Fallen" has definitely helped me establish some recognition as it's been mentioned in a few newspapers and on radio. This took about 3 days to film and two months to edit. We worked really hard on it and overall I'm very pleased with the final product considering there was no budget, filmed with only a Panasonic DV, and edited with Adobe Premiere elements. So I really would like to hear some feedback and I just hope that this film keeps you interested throughout and maybe makes you look at things differently. Here's all the facts to it:

SYNOPSIS OF "FALLEN":
Unusual, unique, and unnerving would best describe this short 'art-house horror' film. Filled with visually compelling imagery that relies not on gore or cheap thrills but deep, meaningful, and very disturbing storytelling that is intended to leave you not with a happy ending, but rather a disturbing sense of reality about the supernatural and spiritual world. The intense use of symbolism paired with a unique and unconventional use of cinematic storytelling will leave the viewer unable to stop thinking about the deeper meanings behind each scene, wondering about the unknown mysteries of death and the afterlife.

CAST & CREW:
Cast
Jeremy M. Reed/ Injured Hiker
Ben Burns/ Hiker #1
Matthew Reed/ Hiker #2
Allison Reed/ Death

Bryce Britt -
Director/ Producer/ Production Cordinator/ Cinematopgrapher/ Camera Operator/ Art Director/ Assistant Editor

Jeremy M. Reed -
Writer/ Lead Actor/ Sound Mixer/ Assistant Art Director/ Makeup Artist/ Makeup Effects/ Costume Design/ Choreogrpaher/ Special Effects/ Picture Editor/ Sound Editor/ Original Music

FESTIVALS:
The REEL Film Festival
Southern Winds Film Festival

REVIEWS OF "FALLEN":
"great music"
"good camera cuts"
"very creative"
"subplot was well-developed"
"great smooth camera movement"
"great use of cutting"
"main character does a good job"
"extremely creative"
"good camera work"
"I like the sound effects"
"I think the creepiness was well done"






No comments: